Gandhigiri- Is it just a timely bubble or a new wave?

A lot of is being talked of about Lage Raho Munnabhai and Gandhigiri now a days. I am not here to give the preview of the movie. Assuming that you have already watched a movie, I would like to share my thoughts on this so called Gandnigiri and its effectiveness in today's era.

To start with, I am not a fan of Gandhi neither I am his critic. I see Gandhi as a man who gave this world a tool/ a model to fight injustice. The non-violence way is, no doubt, a different tool which tries to change the soul of the person, thus making enemies friends and solving the problems from their roots. I compare this with Ayurveda, which also cures a disease from its roots. And, we all know how successful Ayurveda has been over a period of time. I think Gandhigiri or Gandhivad is also the one which solves a problem by its roots.

But, a major drawback of this approach is that it is very slow at times. And so, it cannot be applied when fast results are needed or in case there is an emergency.

Another aspect of this discussion is that, it is really a doubt how many of us [including me] actually understand real Gandhian thoughts. Mr. Javaharlal Nehru, atleast, did not understand Gandhi fully for sure. As I read somewhere [recalling the source is tough], once Nehru annouced that because India is a country of Gandhi and loves peace, she does not require any army or defense mechanism. Gandhi, on hearing this, replied that only power respects power therefore we must have a complete defense mechanism!

I think there is nothing wrong in trying out this Gandhigiri in day to day life as we see that even after World Wars, we have not been able to solve the problems of terrorism at the world level.

In one line, I would say, we should look to apply "customized Gandhigiri" to suit today's era and it shall succeed for sure.

Comments

Vishal Bhatt said…
Sory by mistake have updated this is correcte Comments !!!!!11
Dear Pathik, it was nice that a hiden talent have start to come out.Good!!

I think i do not want add so much in this blog cos we have already discuss about Gandhi and its philosophy. But keep one thing in mind this philosphy has avery strong effect and can wake up the individuals' Soul. Ones it is wakne up till the death it been waken up.

i Just would like to give a best example of this philosophy.

Onece Winsten Chauchill the PM of Great Britain was travelled in Plane with other leder of South Africa , during their converstion they have come to point where Gandhi comein center. The south African leader just asked to Churchill that have u ever have chance to meet the Gandhi ? U know what was the replt from Churchill , He said I am afraied of meeting Gandhi because he is man who can even a change of my thinking !! The Power Gandhi is this.

Any way u know me that i believe in Gandhi and Sardar. And To live life in this world one should have believe Chanakya. Keep Blogging.

Regardes,
Vishal Bhatt

Visit Me: http://vabhatt16.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

An Organizational Behaviour Case Study

Cognitive / Behavioral Biases in Investment Journey- Part - I

Training Needs Analysis and BCG Matrix - A Conceptual Write-Up